Milli Archives Discussions: Form & content, preservation and access, privacy, pedagogy, standards & more!
The Living document (https://j.mp/millisessions-iaw2020) of the event will help you get a gist of discussions, links to reading materials mentioned during the session.
This is the shortlink for the youtube playlist of all video recordings: https://j.mp/IAW2020-Milli-YouTube
About this event
Archivists/curators/historians/scientists/artists/writers coming together for a set of informal online events.
International Archives Week Jun 8-14 2020 https://www.ica.org/en/international-archives-week-8-14-june-2020
NOTE: Registration closed at 6:30pm on June 11 2020.
Living document, recordings (in a few weeks) on http://milli.link
Queries? Send us an email: hello at milli dot link
- All sessions are free and open to the public.
- Registered participants will receive the video conference link closer to the event date.
- A single registration is valid for the whole week. Participants can pick and choose any/all of the sessions.
- Registration helps us understand who’s interested in this event. Don’t want to register? We completely understand. Video conference details will be shared after 10am on Monday, June 8 2020 at http://milli.link/
- Talks marked with ** require compulsory registration.
- Breakout sessions start right after panels. These are informal discussions with any participants on topics indicated in the titles.
Table of Contents
- 8 Jun 10:30 // 11:45 - 13:30
- Archives in India: Present & Future // Starting up an archive
- Starting up an archive
- 9 Jun 10:30 // 11:45 - 13:30
- Forms of the Archival Object // Revisiting oral histories
- Revisiting oral histories
- 10 Jun 10:30 // 11:45 - 13:30
- Journey of an Archival Record // Pausing at preservation
- Pausing at preservation
- 11 Jun 10:30 // 11:45 - 13:30
- Evidence and truth // On copyright and privacy
- Copyright and privacy discussions:
- 11 Jun 20:00
- Forgotten Histories: The Hunt for the virologist, Dorothy Hamre
- 12 Jun 10:30 - 12:30 pm // 12:30 - 13:30
- Archiving Community Knowledge
- Informal discussion: Community Histories and Participatory Archiving
- 12 Jun 18:00
- Archives and Crises
- 13 Jun 10:30 // 11:45 - 13:30
- Open Standards // Archives consortium and annotation tools
- Annotation tools and consortium discussion:
- 13 Jun 16:00
- Archives beyond Borders
- 14 Jun 10:30 // 11:45 - 13:30
- Learning through Archives
- Open Discussions